Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Quilled Australian Wild Flowers made with Stampin Up Bigz Dzs

 This card is a 60th Birthday card I made two weeks ago for a friends sisters birthday. A  few of the flowers are made with the dies for flowers from Stampin Up Dies.  The Waratah and all of the leaves are made with the  Leaves Die then the leaves and flowers are chalked to add dimension and colour to then.  I have included Flowering Red Gum, Wattle, Grasses, Billies Buttons Grevillea and Gum Nuts.  I have also included some little filler flowers to add colour.
The card I used was a white textured card and I also used the same to make the box with. The card I have signed and dated.

Just looking closer at the flowers her is a close up of the Waratah.  The Waratah has three daisy type flowers  in the centre of the larger flower die.  This I have quilled into the centre first the outer section then second inner section and finally the very centre these are all layered and allowed to sit up to create the dome.



The red gum was made with the leaves die.  Each leaf was individually shaped, coloured and sculptured. I especially like to use chalks with these as the colours blends in beautifully onto the cardstock and helps to make the leaves look quite real.  Scoring the vein lines also helps with the realistic look.

Finally I have added a picture of the card boxed and ready to go.


Many thanks for popping by to have a look.
Blessings and love 
Carolyn



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous native flowers, Carolyn. I love your box card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are just gorgeous, how clever
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful! Reminded me of beautiful Australian Wild flowers! Never had a chance to go to Tasmania but live in Sydney for 4 years. It's a beautiful country :-)

    ReplyDelete