Thursday, July 27, 2023

Stampin' Up! Paper Florist Dies

 Paper Florist Dies


These lovely Flowers Made with the Paper Florist Dies.  There are many more creations to come.


A selection of some of the dies and flowers which I have created.  The Poppy flower which is in the top photo is made with the large petals using a base to attach them too!

  • first I have cut the petals and bases out.  Then I run them through a embossing folder to give some texture this tend s to help the paper hold shapes. I mainly like the texture of waves or old folders that add texture running up and down petals with a little spray of water.
  • Then I end up using my embossing tools to add shape and contour to the 
  • flower I am making.
  • The Die set has many petal and base shapes which give you a choice for many types of blossoms you can make.
  • I also use my Stamp and Pierce mat for shaping with the embossing tool.  By  gently stretch the paper with the grain and adding shape you put give into the bias of the cardstock which helps it hold the shape you are adding to it.
  • Then on areas I want to hold the shape I add some PVA Glue which helps the shape set in your blossom petals or base.  You must of course leave these to dry which could be anything from 1/2 hour or maybe a couple of hours.
  • Then I begin to shape my blossoms and complete them.  
  • After I have completed them I add my colour not saturating the  blossoms or they will lose their shape. Just adding the colour to edging and centres.  If you want a solid colour probably the best thing to do is to make the blossom with the coloured cardstock instead of drowning the blossom as then it will loose its shape.
These are just a few of my tips but I find these vary handy when making my blossoms.

I have used our White Shimmer Paper and washes of water colour to create these little beauties.

Happy creating have a wonderful weekend.








                      



These flowers are only a sample of what this set can make.
love Carolyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment