Thursday, August 11, 2011

Orchids and Lace in my Garden

I love my paper Orchids.  My Dad had a wonderful glass house filled with hundreds of Orchids.  I use to love to watch my Dad tend to these beautiful flowers with great tenderness.  So I developed  a great love of these delicate and lovely flowers.  To sit and colour these also gives me great pleasure I suppose it would be similar to that, which my Dad had in growing them.

When making this card  I have used Leone Ems Orchid Punch and also Martha  Stewarts Lace Border punch.  I also used pale pink diamontie trim which has given the card a little bit of bling.  I love the quilted Designer Paper card which was used as my back ground it seems to add a little class to my card.  This type of card is perfect for Weddings, Special Birthdays anything like this.  It is one though that I would like to think that it would be treasured so could be framed as the making and painting of this took quite a few hours.  I have also used some Dies I found in my cupboard for the foliage around the Orchids.

Please leave a comment as I would love to know what you think about this card.

Thankyou  for stopping by to have a look.

 Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Carolyn, this is outstanding! I love l,ove love what you have done here. So gorgeous work and anybody would be thrilled to get such a beauty and I´m sure, it would be treasured forever. It is soooo gorgeous work hun. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paper orchids look even more lovelier than real ones.Such delicate and intricate work
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete