Sunday, April 15, 2012

Stampin Up Blossom Punch and Mixed Bunch Stamp Set


This is the card I have created with the New Stampin Up Blossom Punch and Mixed Bunch Stamp Set.  The leaves were created with the Leaves Sizzix Bz Die.  The very bottom layer of the Blossom was made using the Mixed Bunch Stamp and then four blossom punch layers of the Black and Very Vanilla Designer Series Paper.  The leaves were folded and rolled  through the crimper to add a little interest to them. I also used the Embossing Folder Elegant Lines on the background of the card.


The blossom has five layers of DSP to it they were all sponged and edged with Black Ink then sprayed with the Vanilla Smooch which gave it a beautiful iridescent shine to the blossom and leaves.

When Embossing the folder I always use two sheets of the Whisper White card stock as it seems to be a light card stock and if just one layer is used it tends to break through the surface of the card stock.  The base I used the new Edgelit Border to cut the card stock and then added an edge of the black card stock to finish the front of the card off.







The Butterfly was made by stamping one of the Mixed Bunch stamps onto the whisper white card stock and then punched out with the Stampin Up Butterfly punch. I then sponged the edge with black stampin up pad and added a spray of Vanilla Smootch to the Butterfly.  Adding a few pearls for the body of the butterfly adds a little class to it and then the drawn antenna's and little pearls at each end seems to finish it off beautifully.


Thankyou so much for visiting  I would love you to leave a comment to let me know what you think of this card.  I shall add another card made the same but with a different coloured highlights later in the week.
Have a wonderful new week and
Many Blessings.
love Carolyn


3 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Carolyn, I really love what you´ve done here, but ofcause I always loves butterflies he he, but this is really awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that handmade flower, wonderful cards, the pink is so pretty
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful card, love the textured butterfly!!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Big hug!

    ReplyDelete