Monday, July 9, 2012

Rue Des Fleur's Stamp set from Stampin Up

Shower of Roses
I have just  finished playing with the beautiful Rue Des Fleur's Stamp Set, very inspiring.   Quite a versatile little stamp set.  I just love the dimension I can use when using this set.  I have named my card a Shower of Roses.  I have cut out three different layers of the umbrella and mounted them on top of the base umbrella which has been stamped directly onto the card.  I then filled the upside down brolly with quilled Roses and little leaves, our Sizzlet Die.

Our Dimensional dots played a very big part in giving the height I needed.  In a few spots I actually added a few dots on top of each other to get an even higher centre.

The lace edging on the top was made by stamping the section together then cutting it out and placing along the top edge of the card and embellishing the paper lace with beautiful pearls from our lovely pearl collection. .



This card would be lovely for a Bridal Shower as well as any other shower party.  If it was used for a baby shower you could use one of our beautiful Nursery Stamp Sets to fill the upside down brolly.


Below is a close up of the umbrellas' dimension.  I have used water colour crayons to touch  up the pale pink rose to  add a bit more colour to the flower.


Thank you so much for dropping in.  Hope you like my creation and what I have done with The Rue Des Fleur's Stamp Set.
Every Blessing for a safe and wonderful week.
Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. your work is beautiful I love it!
    have a good weekend!
    Greetings from Holland
    Baukje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Baukje. I appreciate your lovely comments they make me work harder. I have just made the most beautiful sculptured Rose will be making a Tutorial on it to share with my friends. love Carolyn

      Delete