Monday, February 17, 2020

Painted Poppies Bundle, Stampin' Up! Suite

Painted Poppies Dimensional Flowers.

Painted Poppies dies can be the base of many different types of open flowers.  After seeing a very beautiful card from one of my peers I was determined to give this method a try.  I really love it and will be using it a lot more often when I just sit and play.

  • I cut out the dies I wanted before I coloured my  Extra Thick Whisper White Card Stock.
  • I coloured the base as well as the out line with very watered down dye ink.
  • Splatted the flower with my water colour pencil Melon Mambo by allowing the lead to become saturated with water and splashing it with my Aqua Brush.  Another good way of doing this is with a soft tooth brush.
  • Then assembled the flower allowing the frame to sit up off the petals.
  • Constructed my back ground then added my flowers to this.





  • Before I assembled the flower I shaped the petals using the larger ball embossing tool.  I placed the base onto my Foam Board and stretched the paper with the grain. on back and front giving it dimension.  This can only be done when the paper has dried after the colour wash.
  • I attached the frame to the background of the flower.
  • Then using dimensionals I propped up some of the frame to give the flower the illusion of being quite  full and layered.
  • Then added the look I wanted on my background card stock.



  • I distress my background with a distressing tool, or scissor can also do the trick.
  • Curled the corners then added my embellishments and greeting.
Have a wonderful week with your creating, enjoy .

Happy Crafting Carolyn xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment