Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dolls, Dolls, Dolls


I have been making quilled dollies for quite a while now. Mainly I make for gifts for friends I have a few photos now of the ones that I have made. Each one I make I take a photo of make a special box to hold it in. My latest being Mary Christmas. She came by that name due to the colour of her dress, I had thought about making her for a friend for quite a while. So seeing Christmas has been about for such a long time, I thought it was timely of this dear little doll to have grey hair. She is adorned in holly leaves and quilled Red Roses which I thought gave her a wonderful Christmasy Spirit. I do not add faces to my dolls any more as I feel then that they are better left as made. We can imagine who they are then. Add our own imagery of this little person.

No comments:

Post a Comment