Saturday, October 5, 2019

3 D Paper Roses, with Hot Air Balloon Punch, Bouquet of Balloons Punch. Stampin' Up!.


Making a Life like Rose with Stampin' Up! Punches



  • This is the Rose we are going to make.
  • Below is the photo of the number of Petals needed from the Hot Air Punch and Balloon Bouquet Punch..
  • I have used five of each in this rose the size Balloon Punch is the larger one of course you could use the smaller one with the larger one to make the rose bud.  
  • If you feel you want a fuller rose just add more petals as you go. 



  • This is how I start making each of my roses I must break the fibre in the cardstock as it is too stiff to manipulate.
  • So with the bone folder I take the Petal in my hand and pull it firmly over each side of the petal back and front to allow the cardstock to manipulated.

  • This is not a very clear photo but here I am using the bone folder to break the fibre down in the card stock.
  • I then roll the sides from the centre to outside of the petal with my closed nose tweezers.  You could also use a quilling tool to do this or just ordinary tweezers but closed nose tweezers are much easier to manipulate.



  • Next I use an embossing tool to stretch the card stock by circling and stretching the out side and centre of  the petals.
  • We start with the Large Balloon size first (Balloon Bouquet Punch) and use these shapes first before we add the larger  (Hot Air Balloon Punch) pieces
  • When all petals have been shaped I start to shape them and glue them together.
  • It is a long task as I like to use wet glue and just glue one at a time letting the glue dry between adding the next petal. Does not have to be completely dry but well adhered before you move onto next petal


  • This is the shape of my very Centre petal all rolled up I did this with the closed nose tweezers I hold the base together until dry and that is the start of the rose. I take the side of the petal in the centre and to side and roll the petal up curling it in a tight curl from one side to the other.



  • Next I start adding petal  two as you can see above and these are wrapped alternately around the centre of the rose so that they look even.

  • Here you can see next petal wrapped around and the tweezers holding it on to dry.


  • I have finished adding all the Balloon Bouquet Petals and in the same way I start to add the Hot Balloon Petals. I add these the same way until I have completed my Rose .
  • Then I add colour pearl spray or what however you want to decorate and colour your rose.
  • I used the Leaves from our New tree stamp set Nature Roots Dies.



I hope you enjoy this tutorial and I have explained it well enough.
I would love you to just let me know what you think of this tutorial.  Were I can improve or if it explains the method well enough.

I may be able to get some one to help me take a short video to show you how to stretch the petals but need some help to do this.
Happy Crafting and have a wonderful week.
Carolyn.



No comments:

Post a Comment