Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mauve Wedding Card Handkercheif Fold Stampin Up DSP

Wedding Blessings


I had the pleasure in making another Handkerchief Wedding Card for a special friend of mine over the last few weeks. The above picture is is the cover of the card.  Unfortunately due to the circumstances at the time I could not make it as ornate as I wanted.  But it is still beautiful.

This is the order in which I make them.

1.This is the 30.5 x 30.5 or 12" x 12" Card Stock.   This can be made with any squared piece of card.  Just divided and quarter card.  I then edged the card stock with Scallop Trim Border and Scallop Trim Corner Punch.


2. Just a close look at the way the corners are folded.


3. This is the way I have decorated the the heart die with the Heart Framelits.  The corner of the heart has been put through the Elegant Bouquet Border Folder.  I used the Loving Thoughts Stamp Set for the sentiments on the heart and made a Waratah flower with Blossom Party Bigz Die.  I had some Peel off stickers with the looped Wedding Rings which I used on the corner of the heart.  I always like to shade around the outline of the heart to add a little shading to the Card Stock.  TheContrast on the Corners is a retired Designer Series Paper called Cottage Garden.  I also used the Sizzlett Die Lovely Leaves which is just so versatile.


4.  This photo is to show you the placement of the  DSP used in the corners.

5. If you Double click on the pattern above you will see where I have scored to get my fold lines.


6.  I make a folder to slide my card into when I have finished it.  The sentiments on the outside of this card was chosen by the lady who brought this from me.  A very old stamp I have had for over 20 years.  This is the finished card.  Hope you like it.

I am looking forward to my parcel coming this week  from Stampin Up to do my Salebration and my new Seasonal Catalogue samples.
Blessings Carolyn



7 comments:

  1. Wowza, Carolyn!! Your napkin fold card is absolutely stunning!! That's the most beautiful wedding card I have ever seen!
    Hope all is getting better with you day by day. I have your card made and will mail it Monday {Tuesday, your time}, but don't know how long it takes to get there. It's not nearly as elegant as yours, but just to let you know it will be on it's way-hugs! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn,

    Oh my, this is an AMAZING card. So GORGEOUS!!! I've never seen the "handkerchief fold". I'm so glad you included the diagram on your post because I want to try making one. It has major WOW factor!!!

    Peace, Love & Joy,
    Joyce
    peaceloveandjoyce.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Carolyn. I have made many of these the last couple of years, but never used these colors, and it looks awesome, so guess, I´ll have another go on this again soon. Stunning work as always hun. Have a great day dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Carolyn. This looks beautiful but I bet it's even more beautiful in real life! I am in awe of your punching around the outside. I have never been able to get mine to line up look so nice. Have fun with all your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! I have never seen this fold either. Thanks for all the instructions. Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous fold card Carolyn, great to share the instructions for us. :))Just like Tria said that ounched edge on the outside looks awesome. :))

    Hugs, Rosalien

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully made card Carolyn,I bet it was much appreciated by the recipient. I love the punched borders. I must try to make one very soon.
    I do hope things are getting better for you each day.

    Hugs...........Baukje

    ReplyDelete