Sunday, October 3, 2021

#Stampin' Up" Poinsettia Dies"

Just love creating flowers.  This has been one of my great love now for many years.  This weekend I have sat and experimented with all of our wonderful flower dies to see how much dimension I could make out of our dies and how realistic I could make the flowers.  I will share this one one first as it is still one of our beautiful current Christmas dies and stamp sets.


This Poinsettia Flowers was made alone with our dies from the Poinsettia Petals bundle Die Set 153522.  I used our Shimmery White Card Stock as that has a beautiful subtle hint of sparkle in the paper and takes our inks so beautifully.  I was happy with the way it turned out using the dies alone.  In the centre I used a few quills for the seed pods to add a little more dimension.  


On the Petals I used my Granny Apple Green Ink Pad and Brush to add a smidgen of colour to the out side of the petals and the vein running through the leave.  


The Holly Leaves were coloured with the Old Olive Blender Pens Dark and Light.  Light being the first shade that I added to the base of the Leave.  Then in the centre I used the Old Olive Dark Blender Pen. Then another Layer of the Light Old Olive Blender Pen.


The berries I used some of the glitter paper I had left from Sale-a-bration and coloured the berries with Cherry Cobbler Dark Blender Pen.  The Sprigs from the Branches are out of the Die Set of  Harvest Die 156504 set in our new catalogue.

I like to use all my die sets with one another for the images I want to create.  This card would be a lovely Birthday, Christmas or just Thinking of you card.

Have a wonderful week Crafting. Let your Garden inspire you.

love Carolyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment