Thursday, December 5, 2019

#Elfie

Diorama Card
Stampin' Up! # Elfie


Love these little fellows here!  This Diorama Card made the day on Saturday at my Technique Workshop.
Using # Elfie and some great imagination.   Every one loved the class.  I love it when my workshop ladies take their imagination and let it rule.The ladies made some beautiful Christmas Stories.  I will load a couple more up at the end of this Blog.

Tutorial Directions
  • I used 9 1/2"  x 4 1/2" Whisper White  Heavy Card Stock for top Layer.
  • 7 1/2" x 41/2" Whisper White Ordinary Whisper White for Middle Layer.

  • 9 1/2" x 4 1/2" Whisper White Ordinary Card Stock for Background and Top Layer. Score both pieces of  the 9 1/2" Whisper White Card Stock  long side along the top of score board. Score Both ends of card Stock at 2"
  • Tear and Tape.
  • Tombow Glue
  • Glitter Dazzling Diamonds or Ice Stampin Glitter.
  • Woodlands Embossing Folder.


#Elfie Stamp Set.

  • 7 1/2 " x 4 1/2" Whisper White long side placed along top of score board and score at 1" both ends.   
  • Take the normal Whisper White card stock and place in Woodlands Embossing Folder with the sides folded in and crank through Die Cutting Machine for Woodland Background.  I prefer the embossed side but it is your choice I Lightly sponge the sky and grass areas and then with my Aqua Painter I colour the Tree trunks.
  • To cut Windows out of the front and centre Card I use two layered Dies the largest on the out side of the card and the small on the inner card that is 2 " Smaller.
  • I cut the front die which is the largest making sure it is centred on the middle panel of the Thick Whisper White Card Stock.
  • Then I took the 7 1/2" whisper White lighter card stock and line it up inside the front Card  and placed the smaller die through the larger die cut making sure it is centred then I cut that die out.
  • Before Placing my scene together, I stamp and paint all the images I want to use in the scene.
  • Place back ground Images on the background before attempting to put the middle layer in.  What I do is I lay my background image out flat. Lay the centre of card flat on back ground and on the top of the top layer I place on each side of the side of the frame two rows of tear and tape one at the end of the flap and the other piece on the inside of  score line.  Then attach left side piece by laying down on inside of score line and attaching, both pieces of tear and tape.  Turn to right side and attach the right side making sure that card will lay flat before attaching the right side permanently. 
  • Next add front cover attaching both left and right side over the middle section, carefully adding one side at a time making sure that card will sit flat when folded to mail.
  • Next is to decorate.  That is the fun part.

    Before attaching front of card.
     Here are a few more of the Diorama cards I made:




This is why the week has gone so quickly and I have been busy making a few orders for my clients.  Here are two of the beautiful cards my class made on Saturday.  My other ladies were gone before I had time to record them.


Lorraine's Card from Saturday. 

Tanya's Card from Saturday.
Have a wonderful week crafting.  I am sorry I am late, but enjoy the cuteness!
love Carolyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment