Thursday, March 5, 2020

Water Colour Sepia Technique with Water Colour Paper. and Whisper White Card Stock Thin and Thick

Sepia Water Colour Technique With Early Express or Soft Suede





  • I began with Cutting my Water Colour Paper and Card Stock into Card front sized pieces.
  • Then sprayed the card front and covered them with clear water using a spritzer sprayer or Aqua Brush. 


  •  After the paper has absorbed the water, I popped a Few drops of the Early Expresso onto a palette and then started to lightly colour brush the  diluted ink colour on to my card base.  




  • I allowed this to dry and it was at this the stage of drying you could see the colours separating.  The beautiful hues of the brown were exposed with the almost burgundy red infused in the ink and a little of the green.  This part I found amazing.



  • If I thought little sections needed a little bit more colour I added it now.
  • After my water colour paper had dried  I stamped the images I wanted onto my card base. Masking were needed.  Using Stazon Ink. (I used the Stamp Sets Painted Poppies and Positive Thoughts.in these photo's).
  • It was now that if you are using card stock you can emboss I found the watercolour paper would not take embossing as it absorbed the versamark.  

  •  Let my images dry.
  • Then I started to paint the images with the Early Expresso in different strengths again by using it on a palette.  To the sections I wanted darker I used less water etc.
  • After the ink had dried and I was happy with my images I added white gel pen as a highlight.
  • In the preparation of this I also painted an extra blossom on card stock and highlighted this and added it to my card front when dried and mounted it on dimensional.



Hope this explains how I made this card.  Please do not hesitate to ask any questions.









Happy Crafting 
Kindest arty regards.
Carolyn.


No comments:

Post a Comment